Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Beef Brisket Hash

Two days ago I shared my beef dip recipe with you and yesterday I gave you m potato salad recipe...and now it's time for the leftovers.

From the original meal I had left over brisket and I since I cooked double the potatoes, but only used half, for the potato salad, I had those too.

Which leads us to:

Beef Brisket Hash


1 onion, chopped
1.5 pounds of cooked tiny white potatoes, quartered
leftover beef brisket, cut into cubes, about the same size as the potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
dry rub seasoning mix, to taste

Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add onions and seasoning mix to taste. Cook for 5 minutes. Add potatoes and more seasoning mix, cook for 5 more minutes. Add meat and a little more seasoning mix and cook and turn and cook some more until brown and kind of crispy.

This is good as is or you can serve it with eggs. Just indent various areas on top of the hash mixture with a large spoon and crack an egg into each indentation and cover and cook until eggs are desired doneness.

No comments:

Post a Comment