Monday, April 18, 2011

Beef Dip Sandwiches

I'd be willing to bet that fast food means something different to me than it does to most people.

To other people fast food probably translates into a visit to the Golden Arches or any other similar such establishment.

To me, fast food means a dinner I can get on the table in a hurry. I prepare it myself, in my kitchen, but it's fast because I have to get out the door.

Sometimes my fast food is actually slow food. Something that I put in the crock pot the morning before the night I know I'll be in a rush.

Which leads us to today's recipe.

Beef Dip Sandwiches
beef brisket (as large as you'll need, plus it's nice to have extra for leftovers)
1 lg onion, sliced
1 bottle of your favorite beer (you can use beef or chicken broth it you don't want to use beer)
dry rub seasoning mix
french sandwich rolls
Place the sliced onions in the bottom of your crock pot. Season with a bit of the dry rub mix. Add the beer. Season the beef brisket with the dry rub mix. Place the brisket on top of the onion mixture. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
Remove meat onto a cutting board, cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon scoop out the onions and reserve. Toast the sandwich rolls. Slice the meat. Using a soup ladle, spoon the au jus into individual ramekins, one for each person.
Then just set out the meat, the buns, and the onions and let everyone build their own sandwich. And don't forget the au jus.

I also served potato salad with this which I put together in the morning when I started the crock pot.

I'll have that recipe for you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment