Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Skinny Mocha

I don't know about you, but I've had to curtail my Starbucks trips.
For two reasons:
1. trying to save money
2. trying to save calories


But the other morning I really wanted a Mocha.

So here's what I did:

1. brewed a pot of strong coffee
2. picked out a large mug (actually ended up using my Starbucks mug)
3. mixed some cocoa powder and sugar in the mug
4. added a bit of milk and stirred well, till mixed
5. heated in the microwave for 30 seconds.
6. filled up the rest of the mug with the freshly brewed coffee


The great thing is that you can totally play around with this recipe. You can add more or less cocoa powder, more or less sugar, and more or less milk. And you can make the coffee as strong or mild as you like.

I'm even thinking of trying stevia instead of sugar.

So the next time you are craving a Mocha, give this a try.

Saves money and calories and you can have it your way!!

No comments:

Post a Comment