Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato Salad

Sometimes I think lunch is the hardest meal to plan.

Breakfast is easy. At least around here. Eggs and toast in different ways and we're happy.

But lunch that's another story.

Lunch has so much attached to it.

1. I want it to be easy to fix...don't really want to full on cook twice in the same day.

2. It needs to be healthy.

3. It needs to be economical.

4. We need variety! Unlike breakfast we can't eat the same lunch fare day after day, after day.

5. And then there are those to go lunches. Hubby and daughter take there lunch to work and to school.

Jeez how many times a day am I putting together a meal?

Anyways, back to lunch.

I'll share an idea with you from time to time.

Here's today's recipe.

How about a BLT Salad courtesy of Martha Stewart.

It's delicious! But I do a couple of things a bit differently. First I slice the bacon and cook on the stove. Then I toss the bread cubes in the bacon grease (for that extra flavor)instead of using olive oil. And I use regular mayonnaise.

If you're worried about the fat, please don't be. After doing a little research you'll see that it's the "low-fat" foods we have to watch out for.

No comments:

Post a Comment