Thursday, March 31, 2011

Crock Pot Barbecue Chicken

Yesterday I mused about fast food. Losing my taste for it that is.

Today, more on this fast food...my kind of fast food.

Let's face it, in today's rush of a pace world there isn't always time to cook.

So what to do if take out is not an option?

Build yourself a repertoire of go to meal ideas.

That's what I've done and am still doing.

I want to be armed and ready. I don't want to be caught in a bind, forced to pay money I don't have for food I really don't want.

And it takes a having a plan.

So let's do it!!

Here's a quick and simple, go to, crock pot meal for your next busy night.

Put one however many boneless chicken thighs your family will eat into the crock pot. It's a good idea to keep some in the freezer at all times. Add a little barbecue sauce and cook on low all day or on high for half the day. When it's time to eat pull out the meat, place on a serving dish, and, using two forks, pull it apart. Toast some hamburger buns, I use whole wheat, add some more barbecue sauce and you have a delicious go to meal. When I buy barbecue sauce I always read the labels and I avoid the ones with high fructose corn syrup. Trader Joes has a really good one.

For a side set out some cut up veggies of your choice and offer hummus as a dip. Again, read the label and buy one made with olive oil only.

And there you have it a quick and easy and delicious go to meal your family will love. And you will have saved money and eaten well.

No comments:

Post a Comment