Thursday, July 28, 2011

Camping Carne Asada Quesadillas

Yesterday I wrote about our recent camping trip and about the foods we ate.

Today I'll share one of the recipes I used.

Which were not, by the way, the kind of recipes one has written down and follows step by step.

These were more in my head and the shortened version at that.

Being that we were camping and packing space was at a premium and ease of preperation was important I made these dishes as easy as I could.

For the Carne Asada Quesadillas I used the carne meat, jack cheese, corn tortillas, butter, and hot sauce. The meat was chopped and ready to go, I sliced the cheese thinly, softend the butter a bit and laid out the tortillas. While assembling the ingredients I had the iron skillet heating. Then I buttered one side of a corn tortilla, laid it butter side down in the skillet, added the meat, cheese, and hot sauce, buttered another corn tortilla and placed it butter side up on top of the other one. Cooked until brown on one side, flipped, and cooked until brown of the other.

These were good, everyone agreeded that they hit the spot.

Tomorrow I'll tell you about our Fried Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment