Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Fiesta Cole Slaw

Last night I made this with Cornmeal Crusted Tilapia with Roasted Tomato Salsa.

Tuesday nights are crazy around here. I have to be out of the house by six so dinner has to come together quickly.

And this meal did.

It was ready in less than half an hour, partially because I had salsa leftover from the weekend.

I also had half a bag of cole slaw mix, also leftover from the weekend, so I put my thinkng cap on and created...

Fiesta Cole Slaw
1/2 bag of cole slaw mix
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 packet stevia
salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons olive oil
cilantro (also leftover from the weekend)

In the bottom of a salad bowl whisk together the vinegar, stevia, and the salt and pepper. Whisk in the olive oil and add the cole slaw mix. Chop up as much or as little cilantro as you like and add to the bowl. Toss everything together and chill for at least 15 minutes.

This was a delicious salad. The sweetness of the stevia off set the vinegar well and the cilantro really pulled it all together. And I love that I was able to use what I already had on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment