Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Barbecue Chicken Pocket Sandwiches

Yesterday was a run around day.

Especially in the afternoon. I had to be somewhere by 4, then back home at 5, then I had to have dinner on the table because we had to leave again at 6:00.

And the crock pot was not an option because I was also busy in the morning.

Delivering products.

So I wanted something that was quick, easy, tasty, and of course, real!

How about barbecue chicken pocket sandwiches?

I was thinking of Hot Pockets when I thought of this...only I think they tasted better and I know they were healthier.

And so simple.

I used a package of Just Chicken from Trader's Joes's, barbecue sauce, and pita bread.

I cut up the chicken and mixed it with some of the barbecue sauce until all of it was covered. Then I cut the pitas in half and carefully "opened" them up and stuffed them with the chicken mixture. I had enough to fill five pitas or 10 pita halves. I set them on a baking sheet and brushed the tops with olive oil and a bit of salt. Then I baked them in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes. Serve with barbecue sauce on the side.

These were delicious!

I would have taken pictures...but I was in too big of a rush.

And think of the possibilities...meatball pockets, ham and cheese pockets, scrambled egg and potato pockets, barbecue pork or beef pockets...just use you imagination!



No comments:

Post a Comment