Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fruit Bar Popsicles

Yikes!! I have been so terribly negligent of this blog!

I'm becoming one of those people whose posts read as above.

I think it was the change of direction I tried to take.

I got stuck.

So maybe I should just return to where I was...at least for now...

How about a recipe for some delicious popsicles to help cool you down on these hot summer days?

Of course with real food only.

Fruit Bar Popsicles
orange juice
banana
frozen strawberries
frozen mangos
frozen pineapple
frozen blueberries
I have to admit that I don't have exact measurements for this. It's not like baking a cake where everything has to be just right. With this you can add a little of this or more of that or less juice or more depending on how thick you want it.

I put about 1 and 1/2 cups of juice in the blender and then 1/2 banana and a small handful of everything else. Give it a good whirl until it's mixed well. At this point you can pour it in a cup and enjoy a great all fruit, dairy free smoothie, which we do quite often. Or you can pour it into popsicle molds, or small paper cups with a popsicle stick stuck in the middle. Freeze until firm and then enjoy. By the way, it helps to run warm water over the molds when trying to release them.

Goodness but it sure feels good to be back with you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment