10 Steps To Great Corn
1. Look for it on sale, you can usually find corn for at least 4 ears for a dollar.
2. Buy it in the husk, it's cheaper that way.
3. Husk your corn over a newspaper or right next to a trash can.
4. Be sure to grab as much of the tip of the husk as possible and pull down, trying to grab as much of the silks as possible.
5. Work in an assembly line fashion. Husk all the corn, then wash all the corn, then work on the silks.
6. To remove any remaining silks use a wet paper towel and starting at the top of the ear drag the towel down to the bottom.
7. Bring a large pot of unsalted water to a boil. Turn the heat off and drop the prepared corn into the water. You really don't need to cook the corn you just need to heat it, that will keep it tender.
8. You can also grill it directly on the barbecue it you'd like.
9. Serve the corn with butter, salt and pepper.
10. You can flavor the butter with your favorite herbs or even chipotle peppers. Just whirl the softened butter in the food processor with the herbs or the peppers.