Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Wraps

Yesterday I shared with you how I like to have the ingredients on hand so I can get dinner on the table fast.

I told you that chicken is often one of those ingredients. And I shared my idea for quick and easy barbecue chicken sandwiches.

Today I'm going to tell you how I make buffalo chicken wraps...it's just as quick and easy.

Buffalo Chicken Wraps
3-4 cups cooked chicken(Either leftovers, Trader Joe's Just Chicken, or a store bought rotisserie.)
2 tablespoons butter
Tabasco Sauce, to taste
iceberg lettuce
1 cup celery, sliced
blue cheese salad dressing(Recipe is below.)
flour tortillas (I use whole wheat.)
Cut up the chicken into bite size pieces. Melt the butter in a medium pan and add as much or as little Tabasco sauce as you would like. Add the chicken and cook until heated through. Shred the lettuce and toss with the celery and the blue cheese dressing. Warm the tortillas. To assemble the wraps spoon some of the warmed chicken into the tortillas and top with the salad.

Blue Cheese Dressing
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
Mix the blue cheese with the mayonnaise and the sour cream.

Again, this takes planning ahead so you will have the right ingredients on hand, but it is so doable and so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment